Please read this manual before using your Raptor to ensure you will enjoy using it safely and correctly
1) Read these instructions.
2) Keep these instructions for future reference.
3) Heed all warnings.
4) Follow all instructions carefully.
5) Neither Raptor nor any of its accessories are designed for self-service or repair. Unauthorized repairs or modification may result in permanent damage and invalidate your warranty coverage. Please contact Everysight for all your servicing needs. Servicing is required when the device has been damaged in any way, including but not limited to, damage to the power supply cord or plug, being dropped or hit by heavy objects, or exposure to excessive rain or moisture (including immersion or spills).
- DO NOT USE THIS DEVICE WHILE DRIVING ANY MOTOR VEHICLE.
- Do not use this device near water.
- Do not deliberately expose the device to liquids of any kind.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Use in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Avoid extreme heat or cold, which may damage your device and accessories.
- Maximum ambient temperature for charging mode is 104°F (40°C).
- Ideal operating temperatures are 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C) and ideal storing temperatures are 14° to 140° F (-10° to 60° C).
- If the device overheats, switch it off and leave it to cool for a while.
- Keep away from children and pets; parts can cause injury or damage, including choking hazard, if placed in mouth.
- Exposure to high audio volume for extended periods may damage your hearing and may distract you while riding; lower the volume to a safe, comfortable level to reduce risks.
Lithium Battery & Battery Disposal Information
A lithium-ion battery is used in this device. Inaccurate or improper handling of the Li-Ion rechargeable battery (such as incinerating, deforming, bending, modifying, attempting to insert foreign objects into the battery, shorting the contacts, trying to disassemble, or exposing the battery to water or high temperatures, etc.) may cause leakage, heat, smoke, explosion, or fire and may result in personal injury and/or damage to property.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THE BATTERY. The battery in this device is not intended to be replaced by the consumer. If you believe the battery is damaged or needs to be replaced, please contact Everysight to have your Raptor shipped to a service center for inspection and replacement.
- If at any time you see a device starting to balloon, swell up, smoke or heat up while being charged, discontinue the charging process immediately, disconnect the device and observe it in a safe place for approximately 15 minutes. Contact Everysight for service instructions.
- Do not leave the device near a fire or heat source, or in a high temperature location; never dispose of in a fire or incinerator.
- Do not leave, charge, or use the device in any location where the temperature may exceed 60º C / 140º F.
- Do not spray with or immerse in water.
- Do not pierce the device with any sharp object.
- Do not strike with heavy objects or drop the device on any hard surface.
- Do not attempt to disassemble or modify the device or charger.
- Do not place the device in a microwave or conventional oven, dryer, or any high-pressure container.
Stop using the device if it becomes abnormally hot, discolored, or deformed, or if you detect abnormal conditions during use, charging, or storage.
This device contains magnetic materials which might affect the operation of implantable medical devices and therefore should be kept at a distance from persons with any medical device implants in their body. Please contact your physician for further information on how using this device might affect the operation of your implant.
Personal Safety Information
Everysight Raptor smartglasses are designed to enhance your cycling experience. Improper use, including use for purposes other than cycling, could lead to an accident resulting in property damage, serious injury, or death. Please read the following safety instructions and warnings carefully before using Raptor, and ensure that you fully understand and comply with them.
Always use your best judgment while using Raptor.
- Do not use Raptor if the display interferes in any way with your ability to ride safely.
- Always keep your eyes on the road or trail, and prioritize your riding before the operation of Raptor.
- Glance at the display quickly, and only do so when you are clear of traffic, pedestrians and other hazards. Staring at the display for longer periods may distract you from the road, increase your reaction time to hazards, or leave you unaware of obstacles, vehicles, pedestrians or other hazards in your path, compromising your safety and the safety of those around you.
- Operate Raptor safely at all times. Do not operate Raptor when riding. Always keep your hands on the handlebars, and stop in a safe place if you need to make an adjustment. Do not stop suddenly, especially when riding in a group, as this may cause collisions. Consider using the Everysight handlebar-mounted controller and voice commands for maximum safety and convenience.
- Set your display preferences before the ride, so there will be no need to adjust any settings while riding.
- Raptor can display notifications during your ride (such as text messages, emails and incoming phone calls). These should be managed as briefly as possible, and only ever when it is safe to do so. If you feel distracted at any time, simply turn off notifications via the Everysight app's settings screen.
- Always wear a correctly-fitted helmet when cycling and make sure that Raptor does not interfere with your helmet.
- When you are using Raptor navigation services, make sure to follow road signs and pay attention to road conditions, not just the information provided by Raptor.
Health & Injury Hazards
- Consult your physician before using Raptor and before starting any new or modified training or exercise program. If you experience any abnormal symptoms, such as headache, nausea, dizziness, eye strain, or any other discomfort, stop using Raptor immediately and consult your physician.
- Raptor and its accessories are consumer products, not medical devices, and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any physical condition.
- All measurements, including heart rate, are for reference purposes only. Precise measurement is not guaranteed. Everysight is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of any data displayed.
- Raptor meets all applicable safety and impact resistance standards. However, it is not designed and should not be used for any activity that requires eye protection. Impacts to Raptor may result in facial injuries.
Use Raptor responsibly. Be aware that you are using Raptor at your own risk. Failure to comply with the above safety instructions or to use your Raptor responsibly may result in injury – including fatal injury – to yourself or others. Always ride safely, obey all traffic regulations, and ensure your bike is in good working condition. Do not take unnecessary risks. Your safety and the safety of other people always comes first.
Article is closed for comments.